Hospital Biller AND Hospital Collector (2 roles)
Los Angeles, CA 90025
We seek both a Hospital Biller and Hospital Collector for temporary assignments with our healthcare client in Los Angeles to assist with correctly applying cash and insurance payments and past due follow up. This opportunity is Temp to Hire for the right candidate.
Our client is a large, well known Los Angeles hospital. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
Hospital billers use multiple software systems to submit medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid, review and follow up on insurance payments, update insurance information and communicate related information to patients. This individual must have knowledge of billing in-patient and out-patient claims to different payers including commercial payers. Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated attitude to ensure quality customer service and 3+ years’ experience in medical billing roles, with specific knowledge in Medicare/Medical, HMO/PPO and managed care.
We also seek a Hospital Collector with Medical Fee experience.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Accounts Receivable (and audits)
- Communicate with providers and billing staff
- Follow up on unpaid claims
- Assist patients and staff with account inquiries
- Review charts and coding for accuracy
- Provide coding and documentation to process claims
- Assigns ICD and CPT codes
- Analyze charges to ensure compliance
- Apply insurance and patient payments to patient accounts
- Adjust balances
- Enter insurance and patient payment(s)
- Prepare payment batches
- Process cash, HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid and Medi-Cal payments
- EOB posting of denials, transfers, adjustments and recoup payments
- PCI compliant processing of Credit Card payments
- Review unapplied cash weekly and resolve with accuracy
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in medical billing OR collections (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with HMO/PPO, commercial, Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, ICD, CPT (MUST)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills of 45 WPM+ (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.