Human Resources Benefits Specialist
Los Angeles, CA 90012
We are interviewing a Human Resources Benefits Specialist for a contact opportunity to assist with tissue donation administrative activities.
Our client is a Los Angeles based, non-profit tissue recovery organization. They administer the process of matching tissue donors with recipients, and offer additional services to those involved, such as bereavement counseling, application preparation, evaluation and more. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
The Human Resources Benefits Specialist is responsible for overseeing benchmark compensation, annual performance reviews, employee benefits, employee compensation, compensation databases and job descriptions.
The ideal candidate brings 2+ years’ of experience as a human resources administrator with direct experience in employee benefits. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and extensive knowledge of state and federal laws regarding leaves, benefits and worker’s compensation.
Career Strategies Inc. is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Handle different human resources programs and processes
- Assure that benefit programs are adaptable to computer and reporting systems
- Facilitate enrollment
- Communication of benefit plans to employees
- Coordinate and track work flow
- Schedule projects
- Assist with the new hire process
- Create and maintain reports, records, and logs
- Coordinate the process for benefits file closure
- Closing action items if needed
- Coordinate and reconcile billing for invoices
- Enter and maintain benefits data into database
- Provide administrative support on all leaves of absences
- Create letters, memos, reports, and other materials for presentations
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be a liaison between benefit brokers and carriers
- Ability to deal with all levels of staff
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
- Bachelor’s degree (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience working with Benefits (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in Human Resources (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook/Word/Excel (MUST)
- Typing 60+ wpm (MUST)
- Experience working with an HR information database system
- Knowledge of state and federal laws regarding leaves, benefits administration and worker's compensation
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, effective written and verbal communication, independent worker, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.