Human Resources Benefits Specialist
Woodland Hills, CA 91364 | Contract to Hire
Our client, a leading tech company, seeks a Benefits Specialist with LOA experience for their San Fernando Valley office for a full time, contract, position. Position could go temp to hire.
This well-known industry leader operates in a fast-paced, busy work environment and is known for its above average employee-friendly efforts and programs. If you share a passion for delivering high levels of customer service to your own colleagues, this is an amazing opportunity to join a top-notch team! Great culture, beautiful offices!
The Benefits Specialist liaises between corporate Human Resources and the company’s employees and 3rd party vendors providing the contracted benefits, providing excellent customer service. Candidates must have experience using Benefits Admin systems (ADP) and managing uploads between ADP and Cigna among others.
Some of their generous benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, life insurance, vacation, holiday, and sick time.
About the Job:
- Advise on HR policies and procedures
- Liaise between HR, vendors and employees regarding employee benefits topics
- Plan and coordinate health and wellness events and programs
- Respond to inquiries about benefits, retirement plans, vacation/sick time, leaves of absence
- Report on benefits eligibility based on set time periods and windows
- Administer benefits and Leave of Absence (LOA)
- Assist employees with enrollment forms
- Coordinate annual Open Enrollment activities and meetings
- Educate employees on benefits options and programs
- Explain benefits policies and programs, legal rights, eligibility and requirements
- Prepare documentation and correspondence related to benefits
- Implement Private Exchange benefits
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal labor laws and requirements
- Ensure compliance with OSHA filings/postings
- Ensure Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance
- Ensure compliance with benefits policies and regulations
- Respond to state or federal EEOC/DOL inquiries
- Coordinate system updates to match changes to requirements and laws
- Administer worker's compensation
- Oversee claim processing and other requests related to benefits
- Assist with employee evaluations
- Oversee termination process, final paycheck requests, exit interviews, COBRA notifications, HRIS database updates
- Perform monthly audits to ensure additions and terminations are reflected
- Research and resolve employee complaints or concerns
About the Candidate:
- BA+ degree in Human Resources or related (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in human resources (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience administering benefits and LOA (MUST)
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or other (PLUS)
- Experience/Knowledge: federal and state benefits regulations affecting employee, benefit programs including ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA and Section 125 (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including ADP and HRIS Sage software (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, organized, detail oriented, positive attitude, customer service oriented, friendly, leadership, ability to write clearly and concisely, excellent grammar, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, conflict resolution
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.