Import Billing and File Auditor
Long Beach, CA 90810
We seek an Import Billing and File Auditor for a position with our client, a leading provider of global logistics services.
The Import Billing and File Auditor regularly reviews invoices, rates, field entries, shipping details and more to ensure accurate invoicing and files.
Our client is a successful, worldwide logistics company in business for over 100 years! Employees take pride in the service they provide and embrace the “people first” policy at this large company.
The ideal candidate brings a BA degree with 5+ years’ accounting experience in the shipping and freight forwarding industry. Their advanced Excel skills include formula writing, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, and charts. Their logistics experience includes a working knowledge of rate cards and quotes, ocean containers, carriers, ocean ports, terminals, agent and carriers’ services and pricing policies.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Regularly audit all files to ensure accurate billing (including tariff)
- Compare invoice reports with Accounts Receivable
- Validate move types (LCL, FCL, BCO, console, etc.) with applicable rate card
- Review and correct data entries including SHP#s, billing references, etc
- Review and correct lane IDs
- Review and correct invoice remarks regarding extra charges, etc
- Enter container number on reports
- Accurate validation of pick up cities and deliveries
- Review costs for accurate rates prior to sending invoices
- Investigate customer billing disputes and resolve
- Send spots and spot quotes to customers
- Provide daily audit feedback to Import Agent and Supervisor
- Recommend process improvements and corrective actions
- Review daily internal, exception and AR reports
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the rate cards and ADHOC process
- Monitor and respond to e-mails from customers, vendors and management
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- BA+ degree (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience in an operational role in the ocean carrier, forwarding or logistics industries (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with rate cards, ocean containers, locality registers (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with ocean ports, terminals, carrier services and pricing policies (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with import and export terminology (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory role (MUST)
- Advanced PC skills: MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts) and MS Powerpoint (MUST)
- Personality and skills: exceptional math skills, leadership abilities, multi-tasker, critical thinker, strong verbal and written communication, excellent time management, highly organized, problem solver, analytical, detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.