Infusion Intake Coordinator
Inglewood, CA 90302 US
Looking for a qualified Infusion Intake Coordinator.
An Intake Coordinator is responsible for the clinical management and coordination of home infusion services to patients/clients.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
• An Intake Coordinator is responsible for the clinical management and coordination of home infusion services to patients/clients.
• Also collaborates with the Clinical Pharmacists in resolving patient care issues, and acting as a liaison between home health agencies and case management/utilization review departments.
• The Intake Coordinator plays a key role in quality assurance monitoring for infusion services.
• Coordinates infusion and nursing services for the pharmacy which includes handling incoming referral calls and completing referral forms.
• Responsible for transcribing detailed and accurate information into the computer system correctly to include but not limited to demographics, Insurance information, Physician information, Nursing agency and patient information.
• Entering Payers into CPR+
• Handles faxes as appropriate.
• Logs and follows through on all new referrals on the “Referral Log” by end of day.
• Completes patient admit packets for all new patients and forwards it to the dispatcher.
• Authorization and verifications
• Ensures that all referrals are written down on the Intake Score Board to ensure proper distribution of referrals among Intake Coordinators
• Creates Billing and Pharmacy charts and labels for new referrals.
• Provides Pharmacy charts to assigned Pharmacist (walking to Pharmacy)
• Communicates with and documents all communications and authorizations with case managers, nursing agencies, patient/caregiver, physicians, insurance and pharmacists into the computer system (CPR+)
• Insurance verifications and request all authorizations when needed within 24 hours of the referral.
• Must follow each insurance contract’s protocol when requesting authorizations.
• It is the responsibility of the intake coordinator to verify that all codes in the authorization are correct and have been included.
• Consults with the Director of Pharmacy for cash quotes and questions regarding the referral or medications.
• Consults and confirms with the Intake Supervisor and/or Pharmacist-In-Charge regarding reimbursement rates as applicable.
• Responsible for communicating details of same day delivery to assigned Pharmacist and delivery dispatcher for execution.
• Contributes to ongoing communication with the home health agencies, hospitals, and doctor’s offices for the pharmacy.
About the Candidate:
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to express technical issues in “layman” terms.
• Must be friendly professional and cooperative with a good aptitude for customer service and problem solving.
• Must have a High School diploma or Graduation Equivalent Diploma (G.E.D.) or higher.
• High school or equivalent (Required)
See more healthcare administration opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Employer requires vaccination approved by the FDA, unless you are exempt under the law. The Company will not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on a protected characteristic—such as age, race or sex, and will provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals. The Company will also not retaliate against an employee who engages in any protected activity.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.