Infusion Medical Collector
Inglewood, CA 90302 US
Looking for experienced and motivated Accounts Receivable Collection experts to join our dynamic team! The AR Collection role is a full-time position responsible for collection processes for TDD services that includes out and in network Payers, contract analysis, reimbursement, denial management, appeals and resolving billing-related issues with insurance companies or other responsible party for services rendered.
The perfect candidate should have outstanding communication skills, an in-depth knowledge of collection practices, work in compliance with Federal and State rules, regulations, and policy related to billing and collection activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent is required.
• 5 years of healthcare industry experience required.
• 5 years of medical billing and collections experience required.
• Home Infusion, Intrathecal Pain Management experience preferred.
• Understanding of all Revenue Cycle Management functions and integration of one another.
• Ability to recognize, evaluate and exercise good judgment in solving complex situations and advising in accordance with laws and regulations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong work ethic with personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
• Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential material, strong knowledge of HIPAA privacy guidelines and requirements.
• Competence with ICD-9,ICD-10 and EOBs.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to assist in leading a diverse department in an environment with frequent changes and priorities.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers.
• Self-directed, detail oriented, conscientious, organized, and able to follow through.
• Ability to train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments to meet timelines.
• Ability to deal in an organized manner with problems involving multiple variables within the scope of the position.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, and the public.
• Tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from staff and other internal support teams.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recognizes patients’ rights and responsibilities and supports them in the performance of job duties, respects patient’s rights to privacy and confidentiality.
• Follows up on invoices submitted to ensure prompt and timely payment and escalates issues, as necessary.
• Evaluates payments/denials received for correctness and ensures they are applied accordingly.
• Identifies bad debt write-offs and A/R adjustments. Initiates write-offs and adjustments in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Identifies any overpayments and/or duplicate payments and investigates and resolves accordingly.
• Processes refund requests, in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Maintains contact with other departments to obtain patient or insurance information needed for claim payment.
• Responsible for understanding all procedures within regulatory mandates.
• Ensures that the activities of the collection operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are following Federal, State, and payer regulation, guidelines, and requirements.
• Verifies billing accounts with accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
• Makes calls to troubleshoot payment discrepancies and establish resolution.
• Documents, in detail, phone calls, phone number, person spoken to, and call details on a consistent basis.
• Consistently looks for areas to maximize claim reimbursement.
• Resolves issues that created a denial within 5 days of receipt of denial.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
• Maintains understanding of NDC (National Drug Code) numbers, metric quantities, and knowledge of infusion supplies.
• Maintains a broad range of knowledge of insurance plans, medical terminology, billing procedures, government regulations, and medical codes.
• Shares knowledge gained with other staff members and works as a team member.
• Interacts with others in a positive, respectful, and considerate manner.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
See more healthcare administration opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Employer requires vaccination approved by the FDA, unless you are exempt under the law. The Company will not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on a protected characteristic—such as age, race or sex, and will provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals. The Company will also not retaliate against an employee who engages in any protected activity.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.