Intake Coordinator – Bilingual Spanish or Armenian
Glendale, CA 91210
We are interviewing bilingual Intake Coordinators (must speak Spanish or Armenian) to fill 2 open positions at our client’s well-established facility.
Intake Coordinators manage patient registration at health care facilities. Tasks include gathering patient records, taking medical histories and obtaining insurance information.
Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated desire to ensure quality customer service and 3+ years’ experience in intake roles.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Front office coverage
- Admit patients
- Review medical history with patients
- Light billing
- Obtain admitting paperwork
- Coordinate pre-admission activities
- Coordinate admission with other departments
- Gather additional information from other entities (such as referring hospitals)
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (PLUS)
- Bilingual – Spanish or Armenian (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience as intake coordinator (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with HMO/PPO, Managed Care, Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills of 45 WPM+ (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.