Inventory Control Associate
Calabasas, CA 91302
We seek an experienced and reliable Inventory Control Associate immediately for an ongoing position working with a manufacturing company in Calabasas.
This role will monitor the flow of components and will coordinate documentation as components go through different stages of the supply chain to ensure inventory transactions are completed in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in a data entry role specializing in the shipment and warehouse industry.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
Component PO receipts and Dock Appointments
- Keeps track of components flow end to end, from shipment pick up at vendor’s dock thru its delivery at manufacturing.
- Maintains/Publishes record of In Transit and dock appointments for inbound components arriving at manufacturing.
- Keeps continues communication with manufactures to get receiving documents to process PO receipts in ERP.
- Follow up receiving discrepancies with manufactures and planners until it is cleared out.
Component Inventory transfers between manufacturing sites and warehouses
- Receives inventory transfers requests from planners, requests inventory transfers between production and warehouse. Keeps track of components flow from shipping location thru receiving location.
- Keeps continues communication with manufactures to get receiving documents, following up any discrepancy between shipping and receiving locations until it is cleared to process inventory transfers.
- Works close with manufactures and warehouses assuring component transactions in timely manner such as PO receipts, scrap, inventory transfers and adjustments.
- Enters inventory transactions in ERP to maintain components PO, scrap, adjustments and any other records accurate.
- Assure that inventory transactions are processed appropriately.
About the Candidate:
- High School diploma or equivalent (MUST)
- Associate degree in Supply Chain and/or Logistics related discipline (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in data entry within the areas of receiving, shipping and warehouse (PLUS)
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) (PLUS)
- Knowledge of ABAS ERP Systems (PLUS)
- Proficiency in a Windows-based environment, including word processing and spreadsheet computer programs (MUST)
- Desire Skills / Competencies: Demonstrated data entry accuracy, well organized and attention to detail skills, analytical / problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, well-developed written and oral communication skills, ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.