Investment Analyst for Financial Firm
San Francisco, CA 94104 | Direct Hire
We seek an experienced Investment Analyst for our client, a well-established financial portfolio manager with over 80 years of successful growth.
Our client is a long established, employee owned, asset management and investment firm focused on long term, diversified growth. Based in San Francisco, they offer portfolio management, retirement, tax and estate planning consultancy services. With their 80+ year history of success, they offer a solid future for any professional looking to plant their feet and excel without seeking alternate opportunities to boost their trajectory.
The Investment Analyst researches companies with potential for investment, then presents their findings and analyses in weekly team meetings. Their research is the cornerstone for determining the companies who will be considered viable candidates.
The ideal candidate has a dynamic, team oriented spirit and works well forging their own path. They bring 5 years of investment research, a BA in finance or economics and a CFA designation. Most of all, they seek a company with solid ground where they can hang their hat for a long future ahead.
About the Role:
- Perform extensive research on investment opportunities
- Prepare concise report on each prospect
- Present findings in weekly development team meetings
- Monitor watch list to track investment opportunity progress
- Maintain accurate records
- Analyze portfolio and suggest improvements
- Use Moxy trading software for analysis
- Rebalance portfolios
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative analyses for potential acquisitions
- Provide internal valuations and trend analysis
- Conduct due diligence for real estate, corporate finance and capital markets
- Create investment analysis data, reports and financial models using Argus and Excel
- Financial forecasting
- Prepare detailed investment memoranda
- Provide support to investors and advisors (CPAs, business managers, attorneys)
- Prepare portfolio materials
- Attend in house or off site meetings or events
- Special research projects as assigned
May be required to work occasional weekend and holiday hours and may include periods of frequent overtime.
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- BA in finance, economics, math or business (MUST)
- CFA designation (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in financial analysis of investments or assets (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience writing and presenting investment research reports (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience working with domestic or foreign equities or REITs (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills: MS Office, Moxy, Excel (MUST)
- Characteristics of the perfect candidate: a proactive written and verbal communicator and effective listener, well-organized with high level planning skills, works well under pressure or tight deadlines, loves working with all personality types, team player, takes ownership of work and believes in accountability, has high level of integrity, needs no management to begin and complete projects in a timely manner, analytical
BENEFITS: Competitive salary with discretionary bonus. Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching and stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.