Los Angeles, CA 90036
We seek a savvy Junior Accountant for our client, a mid-Wilshire based investment advisory firm. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Our client provides investment and business management solutions to institutions, broker-dealers and high-net-worth individuals. This office support position assists with reception coverage and clerical tasks. Some duties include producing client presentations, implementing changes to office procedures, generating written correspondence, supporting office management needs and data entry for records management.
The ideal candidate has a BA in accounting and has 2+ years’ experience working with general ledgers and back reconciliations in a professional, finance industry environment. They have excellent PC skills with advanced Excel and are very detail oriented.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Prepare and maintain general ledger
- Analyze and reconcile GL accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Post accrued expense and revenue journal entries
- Assist with internal and sales/use tax audits
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Reconcile accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R)
- Update fixed asset records
- Administer data faction
- Prepare court-mandated accounting reports and inventories for client discharges
- Prepare and file local compliance reporting
- Produce error-free reports
- Special projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience working with general ledgers and bank reconciliations (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in financial/investment industry (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including Word, advanced Excel, SAP software (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: attention to detail, integrity, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, problem-solver, multitasker, strong written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize, able to work in fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BENEFITS: Vacation / sick days accrue starting day 1, Medical after one full month of employment