Junior Investment Advisor Associate
Los Angeles, CA 90067
We seek a savvy, junior level, investment professional to learn from and work with a growth-focused advisory team that provides exceptional client service to investors. This is an amazing opportunity to gain hands-on education in investment, private wealth and personal financial management.
Our client is a Century City-based investment advisory firm with over $16.9 billion in assets under management is seeking an exceptional individual to join our Wealth Advisory Group as a Junior Investment Advisor Associate.
Our client provides investment and wealth management solutions to institutions, broker-dealers and high-net-worth individuals throughout the United States with multiple branch offices. They are well-respected among peers and are frequently called upon to share investment insight with national publications and news organizations. In the office, they maintain a culture of accessibility that promotes an open door, open discussion, policy and strive for an atmosphere that facilitates learning and doing great work. They are active in many charitable organizations, including projects dedicated to using sport and scholarship to help learning disabled children.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Provide support to investors and advisors (CPAs, business managers, attorneys)
- Act as primary administrative contact for high-net worth investors and advisors
- Process investment deposits
- Open new accounts and monitor activity
- Calculate withdrawals
- Provide cashiering services
- Facilitate tax trading
- Arrange charitable gifting
- Manage required minimum distributions
- Re-register accounts
- Set up cost basis details
- Provide custom, ad hoc reporting
- Terminate accounts
- Allocate and monitor assets (as per advisor recommendations)
- Schedule Advisor-Client meetings
- Prepare portfolio materials
- Attend in house or off site meetings or events
- Maintain client files accurately
- Assist with continuous improvement of practices and procedures
- Special projects, as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA degree (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience working in a financial industry role (MUST)
- Keen interest in learning about financial markets and services on the job (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office with Word and Excel (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: customer service oriented, advanced written and verbal communication skills, professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, positive attitude, able to multi-task and work independently, organized, team player, critical thinker, honest
Health & Dental Insurance, 401k plan, Meals provided daily, Potential for bonus participation
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.