Los Angeles, CA 90040
We seek a savvy Law Clerk for our client, a personal injury law firm in Los Angeles.
This role is client-facing and provides administrative assistance for complex personal injury litigation.
The ideal candidate brings 2+ years’ experience as a law clerk with direct experience in personal injury law and knowledge of court practice and procedures. They are a motivated self-starter who functions well in fast-paced offices and have a history of long tenure at prior companies. They can also type accurately above 60 WPM, manage heavy document preparation, has legal procedure knowledge and excellent writing skills.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Opportunity:
- Coordinate and complete timely administrative functions
- Manage legal files from opening through closing
- Prepare undertakings list
- Follow up on productions and undertakings
- Enter timesheets and prepare client accounts
- Maintain calendar and bring forwards
- Prepare court documents and pleadings
- Draft Affidavits of documents
- Prepare client correspondence and reports
- Prepare of medical briefs
- Prepare motion records
- Draft legal documents, ie pleadings, correspondence and memorandum
- Prepare discovery and agreements
- Prepare documentation for trial
- Format court pleadings following formatting rules and using auto-generation for table of authorities (TOAs) and table of contents (TOCs)
- Maintain an organized, paper and electronic, filing system
- Schedule court hearings, depositions and client meetings
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Special projects, as assigned
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- BA+ degree (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience as legal assistant and/or law clerk (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with Rules of Civil Procedure (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with court practice and procedures (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with PC Law software (PLUS)
- Advanced computer/technical skills including MS Office and Outlook (MUST)
- Ability to type 65+ WPM (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: professional, excellent follow-through, detail-oriented, positive attitude, upbeat, advanced writing skills with correct grammar and proofreading skills, excellent written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, team player, critical thinker, honest, reliable
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.