Lead Backend Engineer
Los Angeles, CA 90045
We seek a Lead Backend Engineer with PHP/Go to join our California based client, an exciting application development company specializing in restaurant and food industry apps.
Our client provides point of sale, inventory and analytics applications to restaurants and other food industry customers. They aim to modernize how transactions are processed via their multi-channel experience. Their platform is truly innovative and incorporates ordering, payment, back office and kitchen solutions using wired and mobile tools. Customers include sports venues, universities, theme parks and restaurants. They take pride in providing a fun and collaborative environment to their employees with potential for upward mobility at this quickly growing company... some onsite perks include a game room, stocked kitchen, casual dress and a pet-friendly environment! Their dynamic and fun environment is a great place to work and realize your potential today!
This is a leadership role that mentors and motivates the development and support team with the aim to produce clean, scalable and secure software that exceeds customer expectations.
The ideal candidate feels a sense of ownership over their clean code and design… the quality of the product is a representation of who they are. They bring a wide range of coding capabilities, a MA+ in computer science, a dynamic personality which works well with all others and they thrive for challenges to design the next “best” product.
About the Position:
- Build clean, scalable and secure software that exceeds customer expectations
- Follow workflow processes as established and suggest improvements
- Lead technical innovation
- Guide and mentor engineers on multiple projects
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure comprehensive, quality products
- Manage local, remote and offshore engineering professionals
- Design and develop large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools and systems
- Troubleshoot coding and development issues
- Refine existing code and suggest improvements
- Write design and programming specifications
- Provide documentation for code and specifications
- Write unit and integration tests
- Produce functional specifications, feasibility assessments, time estimates and value assessments
- Effectively use version control tools
- Assess new technologies for inclusion in development process
- Evangelize new ideas and technologies
- Design solutions with scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance
This list is not inclusive of all duties associated with this role.
About The Candidate:
- BA+ degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in software development (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience in full stack development (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience building RESTful web services (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience with React JS (PLUS)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: strong work ethic, collaborative, positive outlook, reliable, excellent written and verbal communication, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, analytical, problem-solver, leader, curious
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.