Lease Administrator, Retail Assets
Studio City, CA 91604
We seek a sharp Lease Administrator to join our client’s very customer service oriented property management team.
Our client is a privately held, national property management firm catering to both residential and commercial properties throughout the United States. In business for nearly 50 years, they currently own and manage over 70 properties. They take pride in their hands on involvement with multiple charitable organizations, primarily those focused on children and education, with a special focus on encouraging young adults to change the world for the better. This company makes a profound difference in the community!
The Lease Administrator provides high-level administrative support and coordination for all lease administrative reporting, activities and processes. They maintain files and oversee the processing of related documentation.
The ideal candidate brings 3+ years’ experience working with leasing and commercial real estate, a deep understanding retail property management and thorough knowledge of the steps involved in the leasing process. They have a positive and friendly nature and take pride in their highly organized transaction management skills. Our client likes self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results. They encourage entrepreneurship and out-of-the-box thinking.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Create lease abstractions and accurately add to Yardi database
- Draft lease, amendment and other related documents
- Maintain paper and electronic files
- Answer lease related questions
- Provide analysis of lease terms (co-tenancy clauses, termination rights, assignments and subleases, landlord and tenant responsibilities, etc.)
- Set-up new tenants
- Update tenant information, status and dates
- Update recurring charges (rents, CAM estimates, etc.)
- Holdover rent report
- Draft acceptance letters
- Review/Revise postings and applications in Yardi to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Set up new property records after purchase
- Prepare Estoppels
- Draft SNDAs
- Prepare due diligence (rent rolls, outstanding TIs, commissions)
- Scanning, data entry, cross-referencing, copying and retrieval
- Track new and expiring leases
- Provide regular and frequent status reports to all parties
- Ensure leases are fully executed
- Ensure terms are accurately documented on official forms and records
- Prepare written correspondence to tenants and clients
- Prepare lease documentation
- Proofread and final/approve all leasing related documents
- Generate/provide commission agreements
- Prepare payments and associated documents
- Prepare termination agreements and amendments
- Track important transaction dates to ensure timely completion
- Special tasks or projects as requested
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
- BA+ degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ lease administration of retail property experience (MUST)
- 3+ years’ property management accounting experience (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using Yardi (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience using computerized phone system - Fonality (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office, including Word and Excel (MUST)
- Personality and Skills: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), extrovert, team player, works well with groups, ethical, proactive
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.