Los Angeles, CA 90036
We seek a savvy Legal Assistant for a top Personal Injury Law Firm in Mid City area.
The Legal Assistant will assist and support the attorneys on activities related to the department.
The ideal candidate brings more than 4 years’ experience as a C-level assistant with direct experience in the legal field and personal injury industry. They also have thick skin and have the ability to work in a high volume environment.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Coordinate executive communications
- Answer telephones for attorneys
- Distribute incoming calls
- Respond to 200-300 emails per day
- Interact with clients
- Prepare corporate documents
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Coordinate business travel arrangements
- Manage travel itineraries
- Maintain an organized, paper and electronic, filing system
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Develop and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Manage workflow with Office Services and Global Word Processing
- Administrative duties
- Draft and edit correspondence
- Manage client relationships
- Greet clients and visitors
- Provide backup to other administrative support staff
- Draft and edit legal documents, including pleadings, correspondence and memorandum
- Format court pleadings following formatting rules and using auto-generation for table of authorities (TOAs) and table of contents (TOCs)
- Special projects, as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of possible duties.
- Degree or certification (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience reporting directly to Partner, President or other high level executive (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience as a legal assistant or working in a law firm (MUST) personal injury law firm (PLUS)
- Consistent longevity at former positions/companies (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office with Word and Excel (MUST)
- Legal background (PLUS)
- Bilingual in Spanish (MUST)
- Experience with Abacus software (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, positive attitude, upbeat, friendly, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, self-motivated, organized, efficient, team player, able to delegate, “can-do” attitude, critical thinker, honest, reliable, meets deadlines easily
See more administrative and assistant opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.