Licensed Vocational Nurse
Irvine, CA 92603
A busy Surgery Center is seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) for their facility in Irvine, California.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) oversees general health, medical issues and well-being of patients. They deliver nursing care as appropriate within the facility.
The ideal candidate has 2+ years’ experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse. They must possess a valid Licensed Vocational Nurse Certification/Degree.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
- Verify patient name and demographics
- Collect patient data
- Explain procedures to patient
- Prepare tests for patients
- Test patients for Covid-19 in drive-thru
- Report patient data
- Record observations, symptoms and conditions
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Facilitate the flow of written information
- Other duties as assigned
About the candidate:
- LVN License (MUST)
- High school diploma (MUST) Associate’s degree (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience as a License Vocational Nurse (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: warm, friendly and welcoming, attention to detail, upbeat and positive, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, project management and problem-solving skills, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast-paced environment, solid customer service skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.