Los Angeles, CA 90036
We are seeking two sharp experienced Litigation Paralegals to join our client’s very customer service oriented litigation team.
This role is responsible for managing and assisting numerous active litigation claims under the supervision of the assigned trial attorney.
The ideal candidate will bring 4+ years’ experience as a paralegal with direct experience in personal injury litigation. The ideal candidate will speak Spanish fluently and be team player in a fast-paced work environment.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Support corporate and litigation teams
- Assist with negotiation and revision of legal documents
- Update client and litigation records
- Conduct legal research
- Write concise summary memoranda and discovery responses
- Prepare and manage exhibit lists and privilege logs
- Rapidly respond to case discoveries and notify trial attorney of any findings
- Summarize discovery responses
- Draft legal documents, i.e. pleadings, correspondence and memorandum
- Gather supporting documentation
- Administrative duties
- Draft and edit correspondence
- Coordinate client meetings
- Manage client relationships
- Ability to read, analyze and understand medical records
- Study cases and create summaries using client’s medical records
- Prepare for trial with the proper case files
- Ability to make exhibit binders, packets and other trial documents
- Prepare and submit motions, oppositions of motions, statements and other pleadings required
- Full knowledge of cases assigned
- Oversee compliance in order to meet deadlines and firm policies
- Special projects, as assigned
- Occasional overtime
- This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
- BA degree or equivalent experience (MUST)
- Paralegal Certificate (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience as a litigation paralegal (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience working with personal injury attorneys or law firms (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience with California Code of Civil Procedure filing deadlines and requirements (MUST)
- Ability to type 65+ WPM (MUST)
- Intermediate computer literacy (MUST)
- Bilingual with the Spanish language (PLUS)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: ability to write clearly and concisely, excellent grammar, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, effective written and verbal communication, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion.
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
- Retirement plan, Paid Time Off, Additional Education
See more legal, administrative and assistant opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.