MDS Coordinator - 92 Bed Facility in Monroe County
Loudon, TN 37774
We seek an MDS Coordinator for a nursing and rehabilitation center in Monroe County, Tennessee.
Our client’s 92-bed senior care facility provides a supportive and comfortable environment for their residents. They are dedicated to promoting emotional, spiritual and physical well-being and maintain that no task is small or unimportant.
The MDS Coordinator develops individualized care plans by assessing our residents’ behavioral, psychological, clinical, nutritional and physical strengths and needs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about providing quality senior assessments and personalized care. They possess a keen eye for detail when assessing patient needs and bring prior experience working with MDS, CAAS, care plan coordination and patient assessment.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Determine needs of existing and incoming patients
- Analyze medical charts and other related records
- Assist with new patient admissions
- Make recommendations for admissions needs or requirements
- Report assessments to CMS
- Complete federal documentation
- Determine RUGs and associated cost
- Review admission applications
- Perform phone and in-person assessments of patient physical and mental well-being Communicate assessment results to appropriate internal team members
- Stay abreast of Medicare criteria
- Monitor CMI scores
- Review assessment schedules and documentation to ensure accuracy
- Ensure patient needs are met
- Respond to emergency situations
- Promote health programs
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- BA+ degree in Nursing (MUST)
- Valid Tennessee nursing license (MUST)
- Registered Nurse RN or LVN (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience with MDS and CAAS (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with nursing practices and procedures (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.