Maintenance Supervisor in Boulder
Boulder, CO 80301 | Direct Hire
We seek an EXPERIENCED Maintenance Technician for our client’s apartment community in the Boulder area. If you are a lead or assistant ready to make the move to Supervisor, this is the position for you.
The Maintenance Staff performs maintenance and repairs on plumbing and electrical systems throughout the multi-family community. They perform routine tests on building operating systems including Fire Alarms, Security, Timers, Sound and AV systems, etc. and coordinate repairs by contractors as needed. This role will supervise other staff members on the property, coordinate staffing schedules and coordinate vetted 3rd party service providers as needed.
The ideal candidate is hard working and energetic, takes pride in ensuring everything works and the property always looks good, brings 5+ years’ maintenance experience in property and facility maintenance. They have some knowledge of HVAC and electrical systems and experience managing junior maintenance staff.
- Reports directly to the Property Manager and will be responsible for the efficient maintenance and condition of the entire property.
- Responsible for organizing & directing other maintenance technicians and will be responsible for their performance.
- Direct and coordinate maintenance activities
- Create work orders
- Coordinate subcontractor work
- Monitor day porter(s) and their activities
- Update staffing schedules
- Test and assess maintenance issues with plumbing, electrical, heating systems
- Communicate all maintenance issues, activities, expenses and progress
- Maintain lighting fixtures, ballasts, and circuit switches, sensors and timers
- Replace parts and components as needed to correct plumbing, electrical, heating systems
- Test and reprogram (when needed) electronic systems (Fire Alarm, Security, Timers, Sound and AV systems, etc.)
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on all plumbing fixtures
- Identify, recommend and implement preventative and maintenance care for equipment
- Maintain roof gutters, storm and sewer drains, faucets, valves, water filters, etc.
- Shut off valves and mains as needed for repairs and maintenance
- Install or repair ceramic wall tiles
- Evaluate and maintain property and grounds
- Maintain fire and safety standards
- Complete maintenance requests in a timely manner
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Ensure property cleanliness
- Turn newly vacated apartments
- Compare quotes and reviews to find low-cost suppliers
- Organize and supervise other maintenance technicians
- Oversee outside contractors for rehabs and property upgrade projects
This is not a comprehensive list of duties
About The Candidate:
- High School diploma (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in multi-family property maintenance technician roles (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience in supervisory position (MUST)
- 2+ year experience with HVAC (PLUS)
- HVAC/EPA certification (PLUS)
- Electrical Certification (PLUS)
- Bilingual Spanish/English (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: dependable, work well with teams, self-starter, excellent verbal and written communication and follow up, ability to anticipate needs and problems, reliable, customer service oriented, excellent attendance, problem solver, gives directions well to assistants, multi-tasker
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with local Hiring Ordinance.