Managed Care Biller
Los Angeles, CA 90048 | Contract to Hire
We are currently interviewing experienced medical billers for a position with our client, a major local hospital. This role begins as Full Time Temp but will convert into FT permanent for the right employee.
Medical Billers are responsible for payroll and providing support to the Accounting team of the Managed Service Provider (MSP).
Essential Job Duties
- Accounts Receivable (and audits)
- Communicate with providers and billing staff
- Investigate claims
- Follow up on unpaid claims
- Assist patients and staff with account inquiries
- Review charts and coding for accuracy
- Provide coding and documentation to process claims
- Assigns ICD and CPT codes
- Analyze charges to ensure compliance
Keywords: Healthcare, Donors, Tissue, Organ, Record, #Administrative, #Documentation, Document Specialist, #Medical, Coordinator, Coding, Procedures
About Your Experience:
- 3+ years' in medical billing
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, ICD, CPT
- Revenue cycle, compliance
- Medicare, Medi-Cal, Medi-Cal GMC , Managed Care, HMO and PPO
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.