Managed Care Collector / Medical Biller
Los Angeles, CA 90095
We seek Managed Care Collectors / Medical Biller for temporary assignments with our healthcare client in Los Angeles to assist with correctly applying cash and insurance payments and past due follow up. This opportunity is Temp to Hire for the right candidate.
Our client is a Los Angeles based, non-profit healthcare organization. They administer the process of matching tissue donors with recipients, and offer additional services to those involved, such as bereavement counseling, application preparation, evaluation and more. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
Medical Billers are responsible for payroll and providing support to the Accounting team of the Managed Service Provider (MSP).
Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated attitude to ensure quality customer service and 3+ years’ experience in medical billing roles. Candidates must also know AB1455, CCR, Knox-Keene Act (etc.), prior experience working within government payer processing time frames and are able to use a ten-key calculator.
About the Position:
- Accounts Receivable (and audits)
- Communicate with providers and billing staff
- Investigate claims
- Follow up on unpaid claims
- Assist patients and staff with account inquiries
- Review charts and coding for accuracy
- Provide coding and documentation to process claims
- Assigns ICD and CPT codes
- Analyze charges to ensure compliance
- Apply insurance and patient payments to patient accounts
- Adjust balances
- Release EOB’s and works error reports
- Follow HIPAA rules in all tasks
- Enter insurance and patient payment(s)
- Balance payment batch total(s)
- Prepare payment batches
- Communicate using clear, simple language about payment and record information
- Process cash, HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid and Medi-Cal payments
- EOB posting of denials, transfers, adjustments and recoup payments
- PCI compliant processing of Credit Card payments
- Identify trends and communicate with other departments as needed
- Review unapplied cash weekly and resolve with accuracy
- Assist with data retrieval and audits
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in medical billing (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with HMO/PPO, Managed Care, Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, ICD, CPT (MUST)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills of 45 WPM+ (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.