Marketing Associate / Graphic Designer - 5 Month Contract
Los Angeles, CA 90067
We seek an independent thinker for a great opportunity as the Marketing Associate / Graphic Designer for our client, a Century City-based investment advisory firm with over $16.9 billion in assets under management.
Our client provides investment and wealth management solutions to institutions, broker-dealers and high-net-worth individuals throughout the United States with multiple branch offices. They are well-respected among peers and frequently called upon to share investment insight with national publications and news organizations. In the office, they maintain a culture of accessibility that promotes an open door, open discussion, policy and strive for an atmosphere that facilitates learning and doing great work. They are active in many charitable organizations, including projects dedicated to using sport and scholarship to help learning disabled children.
This role designs and updates legally compliant marketing materials (presentation and portfolio review books, product fact sheets, client proposals, white papers and other assets) for the firm’s various divisions, monitors and posts to social media profiles and develops creative solutions to meet special business needs.
The ideal candidate brings 3+ years’ design and marketing experience, specifically from the finance world where they worked with common financial products and a variety of financial service clientele. They are HIGHLY tech savvy, advanced users of Adobe CC software and experienced at mastering new software programs and apps. They also bring 2+ years of creating original, finance industry appropriate social media content and experience managing websites built in Wordpress.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Create print, web, social media and email marketing collateral
- Work independently on complex design projects
- Determine presentation formats for different sales channels and teams
- Create presentation and portfolio review books, fact sheets, model portfolios
- Conceptualize and create new marketing materials under established branding
- Create collateral associated with special marketing initiatives
- Spot trends and use in creative projects
- Use Adobe Creative Suite, In Design and Illustrator, to design marketing materials
- Translate financial and investment concepts into graphics
- Generate materials for electronic marketing campaigns
- Create e-marketing graphics, content and white papers
- Monitor and post to social media profiles
- Set up and test email marketing campaigns that reinforce the brand
- Manage and track performance of email marketing campaigns
- Plan and implement social media marketing campaigns
- Manage projects from concept to completion and provide regular status reports
- Proofread and edit marketing materials (including print and digital)
- Assist with website maintenance and updates
- Special projects, as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing management with graphic design role (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with financial industry and products (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience with Adobe CC, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with Wordpress and Dreamweaver (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with Salesforce and Seismic (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite, PC and MAC environments (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and verbal communication skills, professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, problem-solver, positive attitude, able to multi-task and work independently, organized, works well with others, critical thinker, honest, proactive, able to meet deadlines, creative
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BENEFITS: Amazing company culture, competitive salary, health & dental insurance, 401k plan, paid parking, lunch provided daily, bonuses.