Los Angeles, CA 90021
A leading company in the Cannabis industry is looking for a reliable and dedicated Material Handler!
This is a long-term temporary assignment, starting immediately, for the Monday through Friday (some weekends required) shift with availability from 8am-8pm. Mandatory dress code is casual - closed toe shoes and jeans.
Our client’s business incorporates cultivation, production, distribution and retail operations throughout North America with a focus on safety, innovation and scalability. They’ve taken an active role in modernizing the industry as well as shaping the laws that affect it. Their quickly growing team includes leaders within their respective fields who ensure that the organization operates at the highest professional standards and regulations. The founders are highly regarded and called on frequently by major publications and news outlets to provide their views on the current and future cannabis landscape.
The ideal candidate will bring 3+ years’ experience handling materials. They will also be able to excel working in a labor-intensive environment within the facility.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
- Operate a manual pallet jack
- Loading and unloading
- Handling boxes up to 50 pounds
- Extensive bending lifting and pulling
- Loading and unloading of delivery vans
- Handling pallets
- Shrink wrapping
- Securing boxed freight
- Other duties as assigned
About the candidate:
- High school diploma (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in handling materials MUST)
- Flexible schedule between 8am and 8pm (MUST)
- Ability to read, speak and write in English (MUST)
- Basic Math skills needed – Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing (MUST)
- Novice experience with computers and Excel (PLUS)
- Desired skills: Ability to read and understand department process and warehouse safety documents and follow department work instructions
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates must respond to this job ad with most updated resume in Word or PDF format to be considered for this position. If you meet all requirements, you will receive an initial 10-minute phone screen call from the Recruiter. If selected you will be given instructions and details on the next steps.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.