Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
We are seeking a Material Coordinator to support our client’s well-established health and nutrition company.
The Material Coordinator will assist by managing inventory and ensure that material resources are consistent with production plan and schedules. The Material Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring both soon-to-expire and expired materials, both active and inactive. The role will work closely with the planning team to prioritize manufacturing orders as it relates to running out material. The role will work to ensure the release of orders that align with the manufacturing schedule.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years’ experience in a material planning role. They must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with excellent accuracy and with minimal supervision.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
- Communicates with Production teams to ensure timely releases
- Actively participates and decision-making regarding materials
- Provides the Manager with a weekly update on projects
- Evaluates expired & soon to expire materials
- Coordinates with production planning and Schedulers on usage
- Submits requests for recertification
- Follows up with contract manufacturers
- Monitors existing schedule for opportunities to use soon to expire material
- Works closely with Manufacturing Scheduling/Planning Team
- Monitors completed bulk to insure it is included in the packaging Schedule
- Reviews the reported in-house damages
- Ensure QA/QC makes a final disposition in a timely manner
- Compiles expired, damaged, rejected, and obsolete items proposed for disposal
- Performs any other related duties as assigned
About the candidate:
- BA Degree (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience of relevant material planning experience (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with ERP systems (PLUS)
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook (MUST)
- Desired personality traits and skills: Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with excellent accuracy and with minimal supervision, must be able to work with multiple departments, Excellent written and verbal communication
- Alternate between sitting and standing positions
- Frequently reach with hands and arms
- Use hands and fingers to handle controls, computer, and mouse; talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, stoop, and lift as required throughout the work day
- Ability to see up-close and adjust focus
- Proper lifting techniques required
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion
The physical demands described must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential job functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.