Medi-Cal FFS In-patient Collector
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Our client, a well-known hospital in the Los Angeles area, is looking for a Medi-Cal FFS (Fee for Service) In-Patient Collector to join their dynamic team.
The Medi-Cal FFS In-Patient Collector will be responsible for collecting in-patient fees. They will have experience working with Medi-Cal and extensive knowledge on their billing procedures.
The ideal candidate with 3+ years’ experience in a hospital collections role specializing in Medi-Cal in-patient collections. They will be open to working flexible hours and thrive in a business casual environment.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the role:
- Collect and process past due invoices
- Manage account balances
- Attend to current accounts
- Monitor the collection process on default accounts
- Communicate with insurance companies and other payers
- Resolve insurance discrepancies
- Process refunds requests
- Investigate overpayments
- Oversee daily credit balance list
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in medical collections (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with FFS and/or in-patient collections (MUST)
- Knowledge of Epic Software (PLUS)
- Bilingual in Spanish (PLUS)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills of 45 WPM+ (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.