Newport Beach, CA 92663
We are seeking a cross-trained Medical Assistant for a busy fertility office in Irvine, CA. This opportunity is from Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM.
The Medical Assistant offers support to doctors, medical and non-medical staff. This role coordinates multiple medical professionals, manages the appointment calendar, processes sensitive medical documentation and acts as a public face for visitors.
The ideal candidate has worked in a medical office for at least 3 years and has used EMR software for at least one year. They respect privacy and are sensitive to confidential information. They have excellent administrative skills, a warm and cheerful personality and make others feel welcome in any environment.
Career Strategies, Inc. is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
- Rooming patients
- Check vitals
- Maintain the office calendar for multiple healthcare practitioners
- Assist providers
- Check-in/out patients
- Greet patients and visitors
- Use EMR software
- Scribe for doctors
- Maintain data entry
- Organize paper and electronic files
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (MUST)
- Medical Assistant certificate (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience working in medical office or hospital (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using EMR software (PLUS)
- Extensive knowledge on medical terminology (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (MUST)
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Personality and Characteristics: warm, friendly and welcoming, attention to detail, upbeat and positive, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, project management and problem-solving skills, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast-paced environment, solid customer service skills
Employer requires vaccination approved by the FDA, unless you are exempt under the law. The Company will not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on a protected characteristic—such as age, race or sex, and will provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals. The Company will also not retaliate against an employee who engages in any protected activity.
See more healthcare administrative support opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.