Orange, CA 92868
We seek an experienced Medical Assistant for a busy Orthopedic Group in Orange, CA. This is a temporary role from Monday to Friday 8AM to 5PM.
The Medical Assistant offers support to doctors, management, medical and non-medical staff and is a front-facing patient position. This role coordinates multiple medical professionals, manages the appointment calendar, processes sensitive medical documentation and acts as a public face for visitors.
The ideal candidate has worked in an orthopedic medical office for 5+ years and has used NextGen software for 3+ years. They respect privacy and are sensitive to confidential information. They have excellent administrative skills, a warm and cheerful personality and make others feel welcome in any environment.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
- Rooming patients
- Taking patient history
- Check vitals
- Verifying insurances for prescriptions
- Maintain the office calendar for multiple healthcare practitioners
- Check-in patients
- Greet visitors
- Provide general service information
- Arrange consultations
- Answer questions or escalate request
- Use Nextgen EMR software
- Data entry
- Process client documentation
- Administrative support
- Maintain organized paper and electronic files
- Collect co-pay fees
- Assist with basic office accounting tasks
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
- High School Diploma (MUST) Medical Assistant diploma (MUST)
- AA degree or higher (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience working in medical offices (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience working with Orthopedics (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience using NextGen EMR software (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: warm, friendly and welcoming, attention to detail, upbeat and positive, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, project management and problem-solving skills, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast-paced environment, solid customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.