Medical Biller with Government Billing Experience
Los Angeles, CA 90027
We seek Medical Billers with Government Billing experience for temporary assignments with our healthcare client in Los Angeles to assist with correctly applying cash and insurance payments and past due follow up. These opportunities are Temp to Hire for the right candidates.
Medical billers use multiple software systems to submit medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid, review and follow up on insurance payments, update insurance information and communicate related information to patients.
- Medical Biller with Gov’t Billing for Medical-Manage Care --$27 must 3-5yrs exp. with Hospital background
This individual must have knowledge of billing in-patient and out-patient claims to different payers including commercial payers. Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated attitude to ensure quality customer service and 3+ years’ experience in medical billing roles, with specific knowledge in Medicare/Medical, HMO/PPO and managed care.
We also seek a Medical Collectors with experience.
- Medical Collector with government collection - Med/Med -- $27 must 3-5yrs experience with Hospital background.
- Commercial HMO, PPO Manage Care Collector Temp to Hire job paying $23.
- Medical Collector with Gov’t collection Med-Med and refunds-- $27 must 3-5yrs exp. with Hospital background
- Medical Collector with Gov’t Collection Med/Med --$27 must 3-5yrs exp. with Hospital background
- Medical Commercial Collector / with Epic software knowledge --$23-$25 must 3-5yrs exp. with Hospital background
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Accounts Receivable (and audits)
- Communicate with providers and billing staff
- Follow up on unpaid claims
- Assist patients and staff with account inquiries
- Review charts and coding for accuracy
- Provide coding and documentation to process claims
- Assigns ICD and CPT codes
- Analyze charges to ensure compliance
- Apply insurance and patient payments to patient accounts
- Adjust balances
- Enter insurance and patient payment(s)
- Prepare payment batches
- Process cash, HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid and Medi-Cal payments
- EOB posting of denials, transfers, adjustments and recoup payments
- PCI compliant processing of Credit Card payments
- Review unapplied cash weekly and resolve with accuracy
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- AA degree or higher (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in medical billing OR collections (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with HMO/PPO, commercial, Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with Government Billing (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, ICD, CPT (MUST)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills of 45 WPM+ (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.