Medical Billers and Collectors (Healthcare)
Irvine, CA 92604
We seek Medical Billers and Collectors for our client’s busy hospital in Irvine. This temp to hire opportunity paying $21 per hour.
Hospital billers use multiple software systems to submit medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid, review and follow up on insurance payments, update insurance information and communicate related information to patients. This individual must have knowledge of billing in-patient and out-patient claims to different payers including commercial payers.
The ideal candidate has 2+ years’ experience billing in-patient and out-patient claims to different payer types (including commercial). They are tech savvy with excellent skills using the Microsoft suite to produce Word and Excel reports. They respect privacy, are sensitive with confidential information and present a warm personality that sets a friendly tone for all interactions.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Accounts Receivable (and audits)
- Communicate with providers and billing staff
- Follow up on unpaid claims
- Assist patients and staff with account inquiries
- Review charts and coding for accuracy
- Provide coding and documentation to process claims
- Assigns ICD and CPT codes
- Analyze charges to ensure compliance
- Apply insurance and patient payments to patient accounts
- Adjust balances
- Enter insurance and patient payment(s)
- Prepare payment batches
- Process cash, HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid and Medi-Cal payments
- EOB posting of denials, transfers, adjustments and recoup payments
- PCI compliant processing of Credit Card payments
- Review unapplied cash weekly and resolve with accuracy
- Perform other related duties as assigned
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
- AA degree or higher (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in medical billing OR collections (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with HMO/PPO, commercial, Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with Government Billing (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding, ICD, CPT (MUST)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills of 45 WPM+ (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws.