Medical Claims Adjuster
Cypress, CA 90630 US
We are in need of a Medical Claims Adjuster immediately for a local union! The individual in this role will be responsible for processing medical, dental and vision claims. Ideal candidates will have 2+ years’ experience, and will have familiarity with CPT/HCPCS, medical terminology and ICD-9/ICD-10 codes.
About the Role:
- Answer all inquiries pertaining to status, eligibility, benefits, etc.
- Process routine medical, dental and vision claims
- Maintain working knowledge of CPT/HCPC and ICD-9/ICD-10 codes and guidelines
- Maintain all plan documents, plan provisions and other plan materials
- Abide by HIPAA guidelines
- This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience in a Medical Claims Adjuster role (MUST)
- PPO claims processing experience (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9/ICD-10 codes, and CPT/HCPCS codes (MUST)
- MS Office Experience (MUST)
- Strong customer service skills (MUST)
- Strong organization skills (MUST)
- Excellent attention to detail (MUST)
- High School Education (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: friendly, professional, honest, reliable, excellent interpersonal communication, advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, independent worker, highly organized, efficient, team player, meticulous, detail oriented, positive “can-do” attitude, problem solver
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting. See more administrative support opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.