Orange, CA 92868
A well-known surgical center in the Orange County area is looking for Medical Coder to join their team. This role will be responsible for assigning and verifying codes’ accuracy for medical procedures and diagnoses. This individual will have excellent attention to detail and will have a solid understanding of medical terminology and insurance billing procedures.
Career Strategies, Inc. is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
- Assign accurate codes to reflect medical procedures and diagnosis
- Verify codes are correct and in compliance with insurance regulations
- Stay up to date with CPT Codes and HIPPA regulations
- Communicate effectively with medical staff and obtain information form doctors’ offices and hospitals in timely manner
- Reviews and documents chart findings and provides feedback to management and providers
- High School Diploma OR GED (MUST)
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a Medical Coder (MUST)
- CCS or CPC (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
See more healthcare administration opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.