Medical Coordinator - Credentialing
Los Angeles, CA 90027
We are interviewing Credentialing Coordinators to oversee credentialing and manage the medical database of our client’s busy hospital for a 3 month contract that could go longer.
Our client is a Santa Monica area hospital known for excellent customer service and award-winning obstetrics, orthopedics and cardiology departments, among others. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
Hours 7:30 to 4:00 Monday through Friday
This Credentialing Coordinator role coordinates all aspects of the credentialing process, maintains the medical database and oversees the continued education programs at the hospital.
Ideal candidates bring a BA with solid medical industry experience, a thorough understanding of managing credentialing and continued education programs and a dedicated attitude to helping the community by ensuring top quality medical professionals and administrative staff!
About this Position:
- Provide and interpret data on medical staff members
- Input data into committee minutes
- Prepare notices and documents
- Coordinate committee activities
- Produce appropriate documentation for committee activities
- Manage credentialing activities
- Review and upload accurate documents related to personnel files
- Follow appropriate staff bylaws and deadlines to ensure compliance
- Process applications, reappointments, locum tenens and temporary privileges
- Maintain privilege delineation system
- Enter data into and manage Medical Staff database
- Monitors the Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities
- Coordinate catering, audiovisual, speakers and attendee registration of CME programs
- Collect paperwork for reports
- Special assignments
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree (PLUS)
- CPMSM Certification (PLUS)
- Fire Card (PLUS)
- 4+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in medical coordinator roles (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook/Word/Excel/Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: ability to write clearly and concisely, strong interpersonal communication, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, effective written and verbal communication, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.