Medical Front Office Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA 90255 US
We are seeking a Medical Front Office Coordinator for a busy medical Group in Los Angeles, CA. This opportunity is from Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5PM.
The Medical Front Office offers support to doctors, management, medical and non-medical staff and is a front-facing patient position. This role coordinates multiple medical professionals, manages the appointment calendar, processes sensitive medical documentation and acts as a public face for visitors.
The ideal candidate has worked in medical offices for at least 1 year and has used EMR software. They respect privacy and are sensitive to confidential information. They have excellent administrative skills, a warm and cheerful personality and make others feel welcome in any environment.
Career Strategies, Inc. is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Answer heavy phones
- Schedule appointments and arrange consultations
- Maintain the office calendar for multiple healthcare practitioners
- Greet visitors and check-in patients
- Verify insurance coverage
- Collect co-pay fees
- Utilize EMR software
- Answer questions or escalate request
- Process client documentation
- Provide administrative support
- Explain benefits to patients
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- High School Diploma or GED (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience working in medical offices or hospitals (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using EMR software (MUST)
- Extensive knowledge of medical insurance and terminology (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: warm, friendly and welcoming, attention to detail, upbeat and positive, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, project management and problem-solving skills, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast-paced environment, solid customer service skills
See more administrative support opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Employer complies with the California Dept. of Public Health (“CDPH”) mandate that certain categories of health care workers be vaccinated, unless exempt under the law. The Company will not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on any protected characteristic—such as age, race or sex, and will provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals. The Company will also not retaliate against an employee for engaging in any protected activity.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.