Medical Front Office Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA 90035 US
We are seeking experienced Medical Front Office Coordinators for busy surgery centers and plastic surgery groups.
This role will provide support to doctors, management, medical and non-medical staff and is a forward-facing position. This role coordinates multiple medical professionals, manages the appointment calendar, processes sensitive medical documentation and acts as a public face for visitors.
The ideal candidate has worked in a medical or medspa environment
- Answer incoming calls
- Take patient history
- Verifying insurances for prescriptions
- Maintain the office calendar for multiple healthcare practitioners
- Check-in patients
- Greet visitors
- Provide general service information
- Arrange consultations
- Answer questions or escalate request
- Use EMR software
- Data entry
- Process client documentation
- Administrative support
- Maintain organized paper and electronic files
- Collect co-pay fees
- Assist with basic office accounting tasks
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- High School Diploma (MUST) Medical Assistant certificate (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience working in a medical office or medspa (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using EMMA EMR software (MUST)
- Knowledge on medical terminology (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) (PLUS)
- Personality and Characteristics: warm, friendly and welcoming, attention to detail, upbeat and positive, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, project management and problem-solving skills, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast-paced environment, solid customer service skills
Employer requires vaccination approved by the FDA, unless you are exempt under the law. The Company will not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on a protected characteristic—such as age, race or sex, and will provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals. The Company will also not retaliate against an employee who engages in any protected activity.
See more healthcare administrative support opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.