Medical Payment Poster
Los Angeles, CA 90027
We are interviewing Medical Payment Posters to assist with correctly applying cash and insurance payments at our client’s busy hospital.
Our client is a Hollywood area hospital known for excellent customer service and award-winning obstetrics, orthopedics and cardiology departments, among others. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
Payment Posters use multiple software systems to review and apply insurance and cash payments to patient accounts, provide Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s), update insurance information, and communicates related information to patients.
Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated attitude to ensure quality customer service and 3+ years’ experience in medical billing roles.
About the Position:
- Apply insurance and patient payments to patient accounts
- Adjust balances
- Release EOB’s and works error reports
- Follow HIPAA rules in all tasks
- Enter insurance and patient payment(s)
- Balance payment batch total(s)
- Prepare payment batches
- Communicate using clear, simple language about payment and record information
- Process cash, HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid and Medi-Cal payments
- EOB posting of denials, transfers, adjustments and recoup payments
- PCI compliant processing of Credit Card payments
- Identify trends and communicate with other departments as needed
- Review unapplied cash weekly and resolve with accuracy
- Assist with data retrieval and audits
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- AA degree (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience in healthcare environment (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in medical billing (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working with HMO/PPO, Managed Care, Medicare/Medi-Cal (MUST)
- Accurate data entry and typing skills of 45 WPM+ (MUST)
- Intermediate computer/software skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: accurate data entry, able to communicate clearly and concisely, ability to recognize trends, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.