National Account Manager - Hospitality Industry
La Puente, CA 91744 | Direct Hire
Career Strategies is a national staffing firm that offers excellent Direct Hire and Contract opportunities at outstanding firms across the United States. Our client, a first class hotel that features a sprawling golf course, is searching for a new National Sales Manager to identify and develop new business across the national market, working directly with clients while also developing a growing sales team.
Ideal candidates come with an extensive hospitality background of at least 5 years’ experience working with corporate clients in hotel and meeting space sales. They enjoy building cohesive sales teams and know the recipe for developing teams that exceed sales goals.
- Identify potential customers and build relationships
- Generate pick up report to present in sales meetings
- Develop and submit monthly action plans
- Contact existing area customers for relationship building and new order outreach
- Train and mentor new sales associates
- Perform cold calls (telemarketing) to potential customers to develop leads
- Attend trade shows
- Host marketing events with multi-department collaboration
- Maintain customer satisfaction
- Occasional Saturday sales participation
- Office visits to feeder cities to extend sales service area
- Identify and cross-sell meeting space and other hotel resources
- Attend local events to market services to new contacts
- Prepare and present reports at weekly revenue meetings
- Site visits
About The Candidate:
Must be available for occasional weekend and holiday work hours.
- 4+ years’ experience hotel sales management (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience working in corporate markets (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with RFP processes, consortium rates and GDS systems
- Intermediate computer skills in PC environment with MS Office (including Word and Excel) (MUST) and Delphi (PLUS)
- Personality & Skills: passionate about the hospitality industry, top negotiator, sales superstar, high-energy, results driven, self-starter, excellent oral and written communicator, inspirational, natural teacher, motivational
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.