National Sales Manager - Hospitality
La Puente, CA 91744 | Direct Hire
We seek a National Account Manager to join our client’s team in the hospitality industry.
Our client, a sprawling resort, features a luxury hotel and grandly remodeled golf course. The recipient of multiple industry awards, they are considered one of the top courses on the West Coast, complete with state of the art upgrades. They host numerous charity events, business functions, conventions and entertainment throughout the year. Employees consider this a great place to work and list the lively events, fantastic staff camaraderie and supportive management that combine to provide a fun work atmosphere and career momentum. Their benefits package is comprehensive with many perks, including complimentary meals, use of the facilities (with a semi-private golf club), special partner discounts, employer matched 401k, paid sick and personal days, full health insurance benefits and much more.
The National Accounts Manager generates group business from diverse markets throughout California, Oregon and Washington. They work with large organizations, such as State Associations, local and regional business groups, industry associations etc. to sell group related services and venue space. This role comes with quarterly incentives, no maximum payout cap (15% of 100% of goal) and additional year-end incentives.
Ideal candidates come with an extensive hospitality background of at least 5 years’ experience working with diverse clients in “5 Star” resort and conference center space sales and has numerous established relationships with related clients. They enjoy building cohesive sales teams and know the recipe for developing teams that exceed sales goals. They have a special skill at reading clients and their needs and knows how to translate those needs into services offered by our client. Most of all, the ideal candidate loves working in the hospitality space.
- Assess client needs and suggest service/venue solutions
- Identify potential customers and build relationships
- Generate pick up report to present in sales meetings
- Outside sales calls
- Develop and submit monthly action plans
- Contact existing area customers to continually build on relationship
- Existing customer outreach for new orders
- Train and mentor new sales associates
- Perform cold calls (telemarketing) to potential customers
- Develop cold-hot leads
- Attend trade shows
- Host marketing events with multi-department collaboration
- Represent facility at networking events
- Maintain customer satisfaction
- Occasional Saturday sales participation
- Office visits to feeder cities to extend sales service area
- Identify and cross-sell meeting space and other hotel resources
- Attend local events to market services to new contacts
- Prepare and present reports at weekly revenue meetings
- Site visits
May be required to work occasional weekend and holiday hours and may include periods of frequent overtime.
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- Available for occasional weekend and holiday work hours (MUST)
- BA+ degree in business or related (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience hotel sales management (MUST)
- 4+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience developing solid relationships with clients in diverse markets (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience using Delphi sales and catering software (MUST)
- Knowledge of hotel/conference/resort protocol and procedure (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills in PC environment with MS Office (including Word and Excel) (MUST)
- Personality & Skills: passionate about the hospitality industry, top negotiator, natural teacher, motivational, outstanding communicator – verbal and written, advanced math, decisive, patient, graceful under pressure, excellent customer service, punctual, team leader, excellent “reader” of needs and translating those needs into sales opportunities
BENEFITS: include an employer matched 401K, free recreational facility use (Golf Course), complimentary meals, partner pricing discounts, 2 weeks paid vacation, paid sick & personal days, health insurance benefits including dental and vision
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.