Nursing Home Administrator with Strong Financial Background
Novi, MI 48377
We seek a Nursing Home Administrator for a well-established medical facility in Wayne County, Michigan.
Our client is a mid-sized assisted living facility that strives for positive employee and community relationships and takes pride in offering quality care and top notch customer service.
The Nursing Home Administrator manages the operations and business activities of the facility. Related tasks include cost management, maintaining compliance with laws, regulations and organizational standards and census growth. They strive to support a team of creative thinkers who are empowered to solve problems in ways that reach resident care excellence and employee happiness.
The ideal candidate is approachable but not easily swayed from the most effective path. They are passionate about creating an environment that allows for honest communication with an aim for continued growth and improvement and use a style of conflict resolution that results in positive employee and patient partnerships. They hold a current Nursing Home Administrator license and bring a strong financial background with census growth experience.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Monitor operations of support and care departments
- Ensure clean appearance of the facility
- Ensure patient needs are met
- Respond to emergency situations
- Foster staff and resident support
- Oversee accounting activities
- Budget preparation and reporting
- Collect and analyze data
- Recruit and hire new staff members
- Establish benchmarks for successful operations
- Achieve healthy census growth
- Ensure effective use of resources
- Assess needs new hires or upgrades to resources
- Develop organizational policies and procedures
- Ensure consistent maintenance of record management systems
- Marketing efforts
- Occasionally consult with medical, business and community groups
- Promote health programs via community public relations and local activities
- Enforce company policies, harassment and complaint procedures
- Enforce federal, state and local standards and regulations
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
- Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (MUST)
- 5+ years’ of nursing administration experience (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in heavy financial responsibilities (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience achieving successful census growth (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with facility regulations (local to federal levels), accreditation and compliance requirements (MUST)
- Intermediate+ computer/software skills and comprehension (MUST)
- Desired Personality Traits and Advanced Skills: effective written and verbal communication, ability to write clearly and concisely, leadership, excellent reasoning skills and judgment, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, attention to detail, organized, conflict/problem resolution, unwavering integrity, confidentiality, discretion, critical thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with local, state and federal laws.