Glendale, CA 91201
Our client, a successful concrete company, seeks Office Manager to join their dynamic team! The Office Manager must have construction experience.
The Office Manager oversees the smooth running of the office by providing administrative and office management support. This is a small office with three individuals in the office aside from the office manager. The owner, field manager and project engineer. This is a temporary to hire position, fulltime hours, parking provided, benefits once hired full time.
The ideal candidate has a proactive attitude, aims to go above-and-beyond in their work, is dedicated to continuous personal and career growth and has a dynamic personality. They have a minimum of 2 years’ experience managing professional environment. The candidate should be a natural problem-solver who likes to keep things organized and is always looking for the next way to help.
Career Strategies Inc. is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance, and accounting.
About the role:
- Manage the contract process
- Review, separate scope of work and payment application procedures
- Submit final drafts to owner for review and signature
- Issue COI's to General Contractor
- Receive Sub Contractor proposals
- Manage proposals
- Confirm job commencement and end date, retention amount and payment terms
- Confirm insurance requirements
- Lay out billing requirements with Sub Contractors
- Other duties as assigned
About the candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience in professional office management (MUST)
- Knowledge of construction, real estate, and development (MUST)
- Experience with QuickBooks and Bookkeeping (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills with MS Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: articulate, telephone etiquette, communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, math skills, excels in fast paces environment, adaptable, work independently, flexible, team player and willingness to collaborate on projects, corporate demeanor, warm, professional, friendly
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.