Office Service Associate at Finance Firm
Los Angeles, CA 90067 | Direct Hire
We seek a savvy Office Services support position for our client, a Century City based investment advisory firm. This is a Direct Hire or Temp to Hire opportunity paying $45-50k once hired permanently.
This office support position assist with reception, accounting and human resources. Some duties include producing client presentations, implementing changes to office procedures, generating written correspondence, supporting office management needs and data entry for records management.
Our client provides investment and wealth management solutions to institutions, broker-dealers and high-net-worth individuals throughout the United States with multiple branch offices. They are well-respected among peers and frequently called upon to share investment insight with national publications and news organizations. In the office, they maintain a culture of accessibility that promotes an open door, open discussion, policy and strive for an atmosphere that facilitates learning and doing great work. They are active in many charitable organizations, including projects dedicated to using sport and scholarship to help learning disabled children.
The ideal candidate has worked in a professional, finance industry environment in an assistant role and using Salesforce software for at least 3 years. They have excellent PC skills and like the multidisciplinary duties that come with this type of role. They also have excellent attention to detail and writing skills.
About this Position:
- Create and maintain client presentation books
- Implement and train on new procedures to office staff
- Distribute information to colleagues or clients
- Special projects as assigned my management
- Draft, proofread and edit documents, correspondence, reports and presentations
- Provide backup to other administrative support staff
- Greet clients and visitors
- Data entry into Salesforce records
- Cover reception as needed
- Answer telephones and distribute incoming calls
- Stock office and kitchen supplies
- Plan meetings and special events
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain an organized, paper and electronic, filing system
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Assist with Accounts Payable
- Special projects, as assigned
- Available for flexible hours and/or overtime as needed
This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Occasional overtime is required.
About the Candidate:
- BA+ degree (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience as an office assistant in a professional environment (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience assisting in a financial/investment firm (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ using Salesforce software (PLUS)
- Advanced PC skills with MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint (MUST)
- Consistent longevity at former positions/companies (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: “can-do” attitude, professional, excellent follow through, friendly, advanced written and verbal communication, able to multi-task and work independently, organized, excellent time management, critical thinker, honest, detail oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.