Operations Analyst – Powersports Industry
Brea, CA 92821 | Direct Hire
We seek an Operations Analyst for our client’s Motorsports Industry business in Orange County.
This role provides business analysis for the operations division including IT, logistics, purchasing, parts, staffing and other costs. They build relationships with outside vendors to review the services provided and make recommendations of improvements. They direct research and reporting for ad hoc projects, oversee budget preparation, project timelines, review and approve invoices and manage special projects.
Our client, a multinational powersports industry corporation, is a well-known industry leader operating in a fast-paced, busy work environment. If you share a passion for delivering excellent customer service and working for a company that takes pride in their workmanship, this is an amazing opportunity to join a top-notch team known for excellent employee-friendly programs!
Our client attracts motivated, self-starters with integrity and a commitment to delivering quality results. The ideal candidate has deep experience in business analysis – specifically motorsports industry and a BA+ degree with an operations management focus.
About the Position:
- Supervise and support all departments under Operations
- Manage the report creation and collection process
- Review contracts, services, and products provided by external vendors
- Communicate product expectations to 3rd party vendors
- Renegotiate vendor contacts and services as needed
- Research competing vendors and change suppliers as appropriate
- Audit vendor invoices to ensure accuracy
- Reduce duplicate and over-billing
- Oversee timeline and progression of invoicing cycle, including receipt by Invoice Department
- Collect budget data from all departments (IT, Logistics, Parts, Administrative and Purchasing)
- Supervise planning and budget of each department
- Audit and approve order requests
- Reduce over-spending on material orders
- Compile and analyze special reports and projects
- Attend industry trade shows
- Provide backup for Purchasing and Facilities departments
- Manage the expense reporting system via Concur
- Review and implement new software, policies and procedures
- Ad hoc analyses and presentations
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About The Candidate:
- BA degree in business, operations or related (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in financial analysis (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in an operations division role (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in Motorcycle/ATV dealership or related industry (PLUS)
- Able to operate motorcycle and ATV products (PLUS)
- Intermediate + computer skills. Microsoft Word, Excel and Access (MUST)
- Personality: highly motivated, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), extrovert, team player, works well with groups, ethical, discrete.
Benefits: Some of their generous benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, life insurance, vacation, holiday, and sick time.
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.