Operations Associate - Investment Advisory Firm
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Our client is a Century City-based investment advisory firm with over $27 billion in assets under management is seeking an exceptional Operations Associate.
Our client provides investment and wealth management solutions to institutions, broker-dealers and high-net-worth individuals throughout the United States with multiple branch offices. They are well-respected among peers and are frequently called upon to share investment insight with national publications and news organizations. In the office, they maintain a culture of accessibility that promotes an open door, open discussion, policy and strive for an atmosphere that facilitates learning and doing great work. They are active in many charitable organizations, including projects dedicated to using sport and scholarship to help learning disabled children.
The Operations Associate assists the senior associates and Operations Director by completing clerical and administrative tasks, generating investment file materials and documents preparation for client accounts and other ad hoc assignments.
The ideal candidate comes with 5+ years’ asset management of global investment operations experience. They bring in depth knowledge of institutional and fund marketplaces and are highly detail-oriented.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Support investment operations
- Review and improve daily procedures
- Provide operational assistance for trade, accounting, reconciliations, voting and performance review
- Enforce accounting, OMS and post trade controls and processes
- Generate accurate client reports
- Manage 3rd party technology vendors and connectivity with data sources and daily systems
- Provide troubleshooting assistance (CRM, Investment Tools, ISS, GWP, GWPA, Pages, etc.)
- Manage evolution of firm wide technology needs, requirements and improvements
- Ensure internal compliance with applicable laws, regulations and service agreements
- Onboard client accounts
- Establish integrated procedures
- Current knowledge of SEC, ERISA, FINRA and other state agencies
- Assist with annual compliance reports
- Attend meetings using global time zones
- Identify problems and propose solutions
- Special projects, as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of tasks associated with this position.
About The Candidate:
- BA/BS degree (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in asset management of investment operations (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience understanding the investment book relationship with advisory firms (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience with trade operations, client statements, and investment accountin (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Excel (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: leadership, customer service oriented, advanced written and verbal communication skills, professional, excellent follow through, detail oriented, positive attitude, able to multi-task and work independently, organized, team player, critical thinker, honest, excellent management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.