Los Angeles, CA 90036
We seek an Operations Lead for our client’s busy group health benefits provider for members of the entertainment industry.
Our client provides vision, dental, psychiatric, medical and other healthcare benefits to members (and their dependents) of creative industries, including motion picture, television and commercial production. They are known for far reaching efforts that contribute to the general health and well-being of all its members. Our client also has a long history of charitable involvement in the community and encourages employees to volunteer time to their own special interests or those supported by the organization (such as The Actors Fund and Alzheimer’s research).
This role offers an exciting opportunity for motion picture and production aficionados to make a contribution to the industry they love by providing expert operations management, ensuring the smooth running of multiple activities resulting in top customer support. Our client offers forward career momentum to those eager to grow with this company. The Operations Lead supervises activities, oversees employee onboarding and audits performance for consistency.
Ideal candidates comes with benefits and pension industry knowledge, 3+ years’ operations and management experience and are known for their upbeat and organized personality.
About this Position:
- Coordinate operations activities
- Interview and recruit candidates
- Oversee and provide training
- Assess employee performance
- Recommend terminations, promotions and discipline
- Evaluate employee performance
- Approve time and PTO requests
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Review work for quality and accuracy
- Assign work tasks
- Organize motivational activities
- Resolve work and performance issues
- Manage activities related to deliveries, maintenance, supplies, parking, security, safety and other
- Update records for change of address etc
- Manage records
- Oversee projects including agendas, large print jobs and meetings
- Manage and reconcile petty cash
- Address incoming subpoenas and inquiries
- Attend offsite Trustee Meetings
- Produce meeting agendas
- Maintain and support boardroom space, including audio visual
- Special projects as requested
This list of duties is not comprehensive.
About the Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in operations and management (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience in benefits or pension department (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ of college (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook (MUST)
- Personality and Characteristics: leadership, management, punctual, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, analytical, multi-tasker, solid judgment, interpersonal skills, event planning, team player, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast paced environment, solid customer service skills, strong verbal and written communication
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.