Operations Manager – Administrative Services
Burbank, CA 91510 | Contract to Hire
We seek an Operations Manager for the Administrative Services Division for our client’s busy group health benefits provider for members of the entertainment industry.
Our client provides vision, dental, psychiatric, medical and other healthcare benefits to members (and their dependents) of creative industries, including motion picture, television and commercial production. They are known for far reaching efforts that contribute to the general health and well-being of all its members. Our client also has a long history of charitable involvement in the community and encourages employees to volunteer time to their own special interests or those supported by the organization (such as The Actors Fund and Alzheimer’s research).
This department provides facilities and administrative support which includes imaging, mailroom, inventory, tenant improvements, storage and meeting preparation. The Operations Manager oversees budgets, personnel, training, policies, procedures and workflow. They also liaise with other departments, ensuring needs are met, leads software implementation, coordinates new initiatives, resolves complex problems and appropriately escalates issues to upper management.
Ideal candidates brings a BA and 5+ years’ in facilities management with specific experience in RFP and bid analysis, computer-based work order systems, and designations from BOMA, BOMI, IREM, IFMA, or CFM. They are known for their upbeat and helpful personality.
About the Position:
- Oversee administrative services department daily operations,
- Oversees 3rd party vendors and contracts
- Ensure staff adherence to policies and procedures
- Liaise between all departments to ensure needs are met by administrative services team
- Direct services, including mail processing and distribution, messenger services, purchasing, supplies, equipment, repairs, building maintenance, housekeeping, safety, security, budgets and QA
- Contract negotiation with 3rd party vendors, including renewals
- Obtain work bids
- Develop proposals requests (RFPs)
- Oversee staff hiring, training and terminations
- Resolve vendor credit issues with accounting
- Manage and schedule work order requests
- Define project requirements with cost estimates, schedules and budgets
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Order supplies and equipment
- Inventory maintenance
- Update departmental polices & procedures
- Develop internal service agreements
- Implement new software/tools
- Audit and determine areas of improvement
- Special projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in Operations Management roles (MUST)
- 5+ years’ experience in Facilities Management (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience with performance-based contracting and bid analysis (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in contract negotiations (MUST)
- 3+ years’ experience in building systems and components e.g. mechanical, electrical, plumbing, security, IT and telecommunications (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience understanding contracts, as-built drawings and following procedures (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience using (CMMS) computer-based work order systems (MUST)
- Professional designations from: BOMA/BOMI, Institute for Real Estate Management, International Facilities Managers Associations; Certified Facilities Manager (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, learning new software (MUST)
- Personality, Skills and Characteristics: conflict resolution, event planning, logistics, "can-do" attitude, strong organizational skills, analytical, multi-tasker, interpersonal skills, team player, ability to prioritize, able to meet deadlines, able to work in fast paced environment, solid customer service skills
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.