Patient Registration Representative
Los Angeles, CA 90017
A well-known hospital is looking for a Patient Registration Representative in Los Angeles. This role is scheduled to work the graveyard shift.
The Patient Registration Representative will be responsible for accurate and timely patient registration utilizing medical systems.
The ideal candidate brings 2+ years’ experience working in a high-volume healthcare facility or medical office. They must also have prior customer service experience.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance, and accounting.
About the role:
- Enable patients to secure access to care
- Responsible for registration and pre-registration of outpatient and inpatient accounts
- Basic insurance verification
- Identify and update patient demographic information
- Coordinate patient admission needs
- Calculate and secures patient liability
- Other duties as assigned
About the candidate:
- High school graduate or equivalent (MUST), evidence of continuing education (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience in a high-volume healthcare facility/medical office (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with insurance and billing experience / (MUST)
- 1+ years’ Customer service experience (MUST)
- Strong computer skills (MUST)
- Knowledge of medical terminology (PLUS)
- Desired skills: Must have attention to detail, good communication skills - verbal and writing
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.