Los Angeles, CA 90036
We seek a Payroll Clerk for a Temp to Hire opportunity with our client, a nationwide event management company.
This role reviews and processes payroll for 5 different branches nationwide and manages associated employee records accordingly.
The ideal candidate brings at least 2 years of payroll experience and has a solid grasp on managing payroll. With their dynamic personality, they get along well with all personality types and take confidentiality seriously.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Process weekly and semi-monthly payroll for 5 branches
- Process manual checks and reconciliations
- Perform audits of employee time and attendance
- Coordinate timesheet approvals and resolve discrepancies
- Update payroll journal entries
- Update tax information
- Scan and file documents
- Manage information in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and paper files
- Follow compliance standards of local, state and federal labor laws and requirements
This list of duties is not comprehensive. Ability to travel and have access to auto for local travel. Some evening and weekend work
About The Candidate:
- AA+ degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Human Resources (PLUS)
- 1+ years’ experience payroll (MUST)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office, document management (MUST)
- Intermediate software skills using employee management software (PLUS)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, organized, detail oriented, positive attitude, customer service oriented, friendly, leadership, ability to write clearly and concisely, excellent grammar, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, conflict resolution
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.