Payroll Coordinator to Provide Entertainment Payroll Services
Los Angeles, CA 90064 | Direct Hire
We seek a sharp Payroll Coordinator for our client’s positive and customer-centric environment.
Payroll Coordinators are responsible for timely and accurate client payrolls.
Our client is a dynamic and growing payroll firm that offers full-service, 3rd party payroll and benefits administration to the Los Angeles entertainment industry. Employees enjoy excellent benefits and tremendous opportunity for growth.
About the Position:
- Ensure timely payroll approval based on scheduled due dates
- Prepare, process and complete payroll for entertainment clients
- Use knowledge of federal and state wage laws and union contracts
- Process adjustments, deductions and handling fees
- Manually calculate handling fees as needed
- Confirm receipt of funds prior to payroll and/or wire release
- Perform quality check on payrolls for accuracy
- Use shared Google Docs tools to oversee payroll
- Respond to client questions and requests in a timely manner
- Use sound judgement to appropriately escalate concerns or questions to management
- General duties typical for Data Entry Clerk, Payroll Clerk and Processing Associate
- Special tasks or assignments as assigned
- Provide superior customer service to clients
- Protect client confidentiality
- Develop relationships with existing and new clients
About the Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience in payroll processing and accounting (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience performing typical duties of Data Entry / Payroll Clerk and Payroll Processing Associate (MUST)
- Experience in Entertainment Production payroll and accounting (PLUS)
- BA degree (Bachelor’s degree) or higher (MUST)
- Knowledge of federal / state wage laws (MUST)
- Knowledge of union contracts as they relate to payroll (PLUS)
- Intermediate + computer / software skills including MS Office and Google Docs (MUST)
- Personality and Strengths: positive attitude, team player, punctual, self-motivated, critical thinker, problem-solver, able to learn new tasks and software efficiently and quickly, great communicator, organized
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.