Houston, TX 77002
We seek a detail-oriented Payroll Specialist for an opportunity with our client, an energy company in the Houston area. This is a great opportunity to work with a large well-established company.
This role oversees the payroll process of the organization’s corporate office, from the collection and review of time cards to updating ledgers and ensuring compliance with state and federal standards. They analyze practices and suggest improvements based on past and current issues and the overall efficiency of the process.
The ideal candidate welcomes the opportunity to provide short to long term support, with a possibility to go permanent if the fit is awesome! They bring 3+ years’ experience in payroll using ADP Workforce. Our client seeks candidates who strive for excellence and personal accountability!
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Prepare reports
- Request stop payments, ACH deletions and/or reversals
- Audit activities
- Respond to payroll questions
- Troubleshoot payroll issues
- Update payroll system
- Maintain employee payroll records and timecards
- Adjust tax information in database as needed
- Audit employee time and attendance
- Audit payroll records for accuracy
- Reconcile payroll as required
- Input payroll data into payroll software
- Process daily and bi-weekly payroll
- Balance payroll and maintain records
- Oversee salary changes, compensation, deductions, bonus, etc.
- Calculate and process special checks, such as terminations
- Special tasks or projects as requested
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA in business, accounting or related (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in payroll (MUST)
- 1+ years’ experience with ADP Workforce (MUST)
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Office, including Word and Excel (MUST)
- Personality and skills: attention to detail, analytical, strong math skills, organized, motivated and self-starter, strong verbal and written communication, time management, dependable, customer service oriented, ability to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified applicants in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.