Payroll Specialist at Nationwide Staffing Firm
Burbank, CA 91502
Prominent, nationwide employment agency is seeking an energetic Payroll Specialist to join our team.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
This role, based at our Burbank Corporate office, will assist with weekly and semi-monthly payroll preparation (and benefits by updating records) and tasks include processing payroll. The ideal candidate has at least 2 years’ experience on a busy payroll team and a strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy.
About the Position:
- Process weekly and semi-weekly payroll
- Audit employee time and attendance
- Enter payroll for multiple branches/states each week
- Liaise between accounting team and branches
- Ensure payroll policy compliance
- Educate branches about payroll tasks, when needed
- Process a high volume of payroll inquiries
- Correct paycheck and time errors
- Reissue paychecks
- Process payroll forms and direct deposits requests
- Prepare paychecks for mail and branch offices as per employee preferences
- Distribute a high volume of paychecks
- Prepare assigned reports
- Verify sick pay accruals
- Review and correct returned ACH payments
- Work with HR team on minimum wage requirements
- Assist with income withholding records
- Scan and upload payroll documents (W-4’s, E-Pay, Paystub Opt Out, etc.)
- Provide data and documents for internal and external auditors
- Provide customer service support to employees
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- BA degree – or some college (PLUS)
- 3+ years’ experience in payroll (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with time calculations, payroll taxes and processing (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with multi-state and payroll tax reporting (PLUS)
- Knowledge of Federal and State compliance (PLUS)
- Intermediate computer skills, including MS Office - Excel (MUST)
- Personality: excellent time management, self-starter, organized, diligent, detail orientated, analytical, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team player, works well with groups, ethical, discrete, excellent customer service, friendly, helpful, patient
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.