Northridge, CA 91325
We have an immediate opening for a savvy Payroll Supervisor for contract opportunity with our client, a nationwide event management company located in Northridge, California.
The Payroll Supervisor reviews and processes payroll for 6 different branches nationwide and manages employees and employee records accordingly.
The ideal candidate brings 2+ years of payroll experience and has a solid grasp on managing a payroll department. With their dynamic personality, they get along well with all personality types and take confidentiality seriously.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 30 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Role:
- Process weekly and semi-monthly payroll for 6 branches and reports to the Payroll Manager
- Oversee weekly and bi weekly payroll
- Responsible for training new payroll staff
- Managing a team at corporate and different branch locations
- Ability to be flexible
- Process manual checks and reconciliations
- Perform audits of employee time and attendance
- Coordinate timesheet approvals and resolve discrepancies
- Update payroll journal entries
- Update tax information
- Scan and file documents
- Manage information in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and paper files
- Follow compliance standards of local, state and federal labor laws and requirements
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.
About the Candidate:
- AA+ degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Human Resources (PLUS)
- 2+ years’ experience processing payroll (MUST)
- 2+ years’ experience with state laws (i.e. overtime, sick time) (MUST)
- Experience with payroll systems such as ADP, Paychex, Paycom, UltiPro and/or Ceridian (MUST)
- Experience processing payroll in California (PLUS)
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office, document management (MUST)
- Personality, Characteristics and Skills: advanced written and oral communication, able to multi-task, able to work independently, organized, detail oriented, positive attitude, customer service oriented, friendly, leadership, ability to write clearly and concisely, excellent grammar, ability to anticipate needs and problems, analyze and prioritize issues, conflict resolution.
If you have proven payroll supervising experience and are looking for a position in the San Fernando Valley, please send in your resume.
See more accounting and payroll opportunities with Career Strategies' clients at www.csi4jobs.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer considering qualified candidates in accordance with state and federal laws, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.